Market Development Leader
Participates in the development and execution of the strategic plan for PEAK Innovations Engineering. Engages in the development of the financial plan and monthly reporting of financial results. Oversees the daily business operations. Assists in the evaluation of acquisition candidates. Works with sales and marketing to provide support in the promotion of PEAK’s capabilities. Provides direction to much of the operations to ensure customer satisfaction and performance to plan.
This position has the potential to have significantly increased responsibilities as Peak grows organically and through acquisition. The ideal candidate will have the ability to grow as the business grows.
- Sales & Account Management:
- Work with current and prospective customers, marketing and Sales to establish and execute plans to meet or exceed planned sales and profit plans.
- Work with customers’ engineering and purchasing groups to ensure their needs are met from both a testing and customer service standpoint.
- Coordinate establishment of Peak as a supplier to new customers and of new suppliers to Peak.
- Oversee the Peak website and LinkedIn accounts for general updates and upkeep, marketing, lead generation, and general sales purposes.
- Create, maintain and utilize a lead generation and customer contact information database for current customer follow-ups as well as potential new business leads to generate new business.
- Manage the data from the Peak customer satisfaction survey to improve overall service offering.
- Complete month-end sales summaries for accounting and use information to improve overall results.
- Review, complete, and analyze profit reports upon completion of each job and use this data to improve quoiting and operational efficiencies.
- Maintain Peak metrics database and providing the team with periodic updates.
- Office management:
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Manage contract and price negotiations and relationships with customers, suppliers, service providers and landlord.
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary and assist with employee and intern related tasks
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment needs and maintenance
- Test lab support:
- Conduct the daily operations meeting with the team to discuss and assign tasks and job assignments.
- Maintain a status and general oversight on all jobs both in house and inbound and make adjustments as necessary to meet customer expectations and sales and profit objectives.
- Create and manage purchase orders with vendors to procure or alter components as needed to complete testing procedures.
- Visit suppliers to discuss work required, negotiate pricing, audit as necessary and other services as required.
- Maintain inventory of all test components, storing them as required with the proper labeling information or working with customers to return components upon completion.
- Perform hands-on work in the lab to assist the engineering test technicians as needed.
- Shipping & Receiving:
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving activities are performed consistent with established procedures and on a timely basis.
- Work with customers and vendors to establish carrier information and negotiation of shipping costs and procedures.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of business experience in any of the following areas: account management, office management, industrial sales, purchasing or Engineering.
- Leadership training and/or experience.
- Proven track record of results.
Technical Skills or other Requirements
- Mechanical aptitude consistent with the ability to understand and communicate Peak’s technical capabilities.
- Project management; multi-tasking; meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Polite and professional with strong time management skills and detail orientation.
- Highly motivated, well organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to grow as the business grows and continue to take on more responsibility for the overall operation of the business.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Engineering or a related field preferred.